Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day Wallpaper


It's that time of year again. Time for a federal holiday. And how can you properly express your support of this holiday? With a timely wallpaper. And by timely, I mean the morning of the holiday (because you know you all googled MLK day this morning (unless you didn't)). Parenthesis within the parenthesis. So many layers.

A true piece of art needs no explanation so let me explain this background. I intentionally made the background white with black writing to show the contrast and the segregation that MLK was so passionate to abolish. However, when I tried to draw some white birds within the black birds, they got lost in the background so that part was sort of lost...

My backgrounds are in part limited by the program I have to work with. I thought a portrait drawn by me of Martin Luther King, Jr. could unintentionally be construed as negative. I in no way intend or mean to be offensive so if you're offended just pretend you're not, go see a professional for whatever issues you have, and don't use the wallpaper.

I received this quote on all things from Runner's World but have been saving it for this occasion. "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment