Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hot Things #2

This wasn't originally meant to be a series, but it is becoming more and more evident that I cannot be around hot items.  Yesterday morning I burned myself while ironing again.  And not on a normal part you would expect to burn if you were ironing, say my left hand while I iron with my right hand.  No, I burned the lower part of my forearm on my ironing hand.  I honestly don't even know how....

I was going to take a picture of the burn, but I thought this would be more helpful and actually much more accurate.  You will also notice that I have updated my self-portrait from my brown curly fro to my now-sleek dark bob.  Yes, I like to keep you up to date on my changing looks.
It hurt immediately and I thought it was nothing and as I was hurrying to get to work, I did what most people are supposed to do when burned or otherwise hurt...I ignored it.

On my drive to work I noticed it was hurting more and kind of itching and I pulled down my shirt and saw a little blister.  Luckily it wasn't nearly as bad as when I tried to burn off my hand while performing the complicated task of making tea.

I have a theory that my left hand burn was a little lonely and wanted a burn scar to talk to.  I'm so glad I could be a part of this beautiful (and I have a feeling lifelong) friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment